Saturday 29 November 2014

100 Word Challenge - Week 13 by Caleb

I wanted to scream, but I couldn't. I just encountered a hippopotamus, but I was lucky, the hippo was facing the other way. My brain was thinking so fast, and I quickly made a conclusion: tiptoe away. I started to tiptoe away when I reached a pile of leaves. I had one decision, go through the leaves. I carefully stepped into the leaves, but as the leaves rustled the hippo turned around! “STUPID LEAVES” I barked angrily! It started slowly jogging toward me. My terrified mind was racing like a car. Then I woke up. All I saw was pitch black.It was 2:00 in the morning.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Caleb,

    I enjoyed reading your story.

    You have really engaged the reader as you have chosen some very powerful and effective words such as encountered, barked angrily, terrified mind.... You have also written clearly so we can easily follow the action. Well done!

    I loved the ending! It always amazes me at how real our dreams can be!

    I look forward to reading more adventures from you.
    Mrs Boyce @ Team 100 WC

    Cork, Ireland

    Come and visit our Class Blog at http://kidblog.org/MrsBoycesClass-4/

    ReplyDelete